No matter how hard we are trying to avoid stressful situations, we must admit that living in modern society means days filled with stress. Every day issues at work, fixing the family problems and trying to find some time for ourselves means that sometimes we need the day to last more than 24 hours if we want to get some sleep as well.
So after all don’t be surprised if the headaches and anxiety become very good friends of yours. They are just a consequence of living in constant stressed state, trying to find time for everything.
We all have different methods to calm the restlessness in us, but none of them are actually long-term solutions. Having a cigarette after cigarette, drinking few cups of coffee or having few more glasses of wine may release the stress temporary, but these habits won’t bring anything good to you in the long run.
What you really need is something very healthy to deal with the side effects of stress. That’s why here we are going to talk about the lavender oil and its powerful properties. This essential oil with its 150 active compounds is very effective anti-inflammatory, antidepressant and sedation agent.
According to studies made at the University of Maryland Medical Center, lavender essential oil can be beneficial in many conditions as insomnia, alopecia, stress, anxiety and postoperative pain. Also, this oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Another study, made at the University of Florida, shows that lavender oil can also help in lowering the pulse rates and reducing anxiety. It was also found that patients who used lavender-based aromatherapy before the surgery had decreased levels of stress before the procedure. This is testimony of its sedative properties.
Another thing worth mentioning about the lavender essential oil are the anti-depressive properties that can help you to sleep better.
These are some of the benefits of the lavender essential oil, as discovered in clinical studies:
- The pain tolerance can be increased with lavender-based aromatherapy in adults and children.
- It can help releasing from depression or anxiety in female patient who are under dialysis treatment.
- Patients have shown decreased anxiety an increased alertness levels
- You can improve your mood and work environment if burning lavender incense.
- Also there are found decreased stress levels measured in brain patterns
And the best thing about the lavender oil, besides its healthy, powerful nature is that is very well received by the human body which makes it perfect to be consumed. So we came to a perfect idea for a drink that will help you to get rid of the headaches and anxiety: lavender lemonade.
This is how drinking lavender lemonade can help you with many health conditions including: headache, inflammation, high blood pressure, depression, anxiety and sleeping issues.
The lavender essential oil also has various other medical purposes. Its healthy properties allow to be used as:
- Anti-fungal remedy for infection to the skin and nails
- Antiseptic treatment to clean the skin from germs and other organisms
- Antibacterial treatment to stop the bacteria to grow
- Anti-inflammatory remedy to reduce inflammation from different parts of the body
- Analgesic remedy to reduce the pain
- Detoxifier that helps to clean the blood, cleaning both the liver and kidneys
Here’s the recipe how to prepare this simple and tasty healthy drink:
- 1 cup honey
- 12 cups water
- 6 lemons
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- Lavender springs for garnish (if desired)
Squeeze the juice from the 6 lemons, mix all the ingredients together and chill. You can add more water or honey if you want.
This beverage is perfect refreshment. You can add this satisfying drink to any meal, day or night. Our advice: enjoy it daily.